When you join the American Massage Therapy Association - Washington Chapter, you receive a wealth of benefits that are unique to AMTA-WA members:
- Group-Rate Liability Insurance - Liability Insurance is one of the reasons why massage practitioners will seek out an association. Our large membership allows us to provide the required liability insurance that WA state massage practitioners need in order to practice massage safely.But we are far more than just insurance!
- Government Affairs Committee - this committee keeps on top of legislation and legal issues related to protecting your right to practice as a massage therapist in Washington State. We work for all LMPs in WA, whether you are a member or not, to keep ahead of legislation that may restrict or compromise our right to practice and bill insurance. Almost every year the 'Every Category of Provider Law' is challenged in some way. Currently, with the many issues surrounding the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, AMTA-WA has got your back! We have been working with the Office of the Insurance Commissioner to ensure that massage therapy is a covered benefit.
- Access to Legal Help - Legal assistance from John Peick of www.peicklaw.com will provide you with many answers about doing business in WA State as a massage practitioner.
- Discounted MedBridge Massage subscription - AMTA-WA has partnered with MedBridge Massage, which provides the rehabilitation community with premium online education, to offer members an annual subscription for $99 (regularly $149).
- Career Center - Get access to our local Career Center to post jobs, post your resume and find a job!
- Join the Washington Sports Massage Team and provide massage for athletes at various events around WA and get paid to do so! (Except for a few community service events the team does, such as Special Olympics!)
- Massage Awareness Days - Join us in Massage Awareness Days massaging legislators and other state workers in Olympia at the Capital!
- Community Service Massage Team - Join the Community Service Massage Team and join the forces at the front lines during disasters and emergency situations.
- Volunteer - Get involved and Make a Difference! Volunteer for one of our board positions, join a committee, lead a group!
Click here for information on joining AMTA-WA